Friday, June 21, 2013

More sewing

Happy Friday!

I am so glad that it is summer!  Well here it is the end of the first week of my summer vacation and I have accomplished much. 

First, Daughter had her birthday party at the local community pool and it was great!  Afterwards we opened her presents.  One of which is the sewing project that I wanted to share with you today.  Warning, these were completed from a vague idea in my head and I couldn't find a tutorial online with directions.  I also just used scrap fabric and Velcro that I had laying around, and whatever thread was already threaded in the machine. 
Bandages!!!
 For her birthday, Daughter wanted a play doctors kit.  She had one a long time ago but it has been missing pieces for years.  Anyway, she got a Doc McStuffins doctor bag complete with magical stethoscope.  If you do not know who Doc McStuffins is you should check her out on the Disney Channel, she is cool!  But we have always had the issue of using baby wipes and tissues for bandages because everything feels better with a band-aid!  So these were included in her doctor kit.

I found some white muslin in my fabric stash ripped them into various sizes and then sewed Velcro at key points and then zig-zag stich around the outside to keep the layers together.
Here is one of Daughter's new toys with a bandage on her leg.  Must have been rough in that box!
 
 
Second, I have been busy cleaning and organizing and planning above party.  But I feel like this is enough for one post so I will talk about those next week.
 
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment