Monday, June 3, 2013

Graduation Cards.

Hello all,

I have delayed this post because I thought that I might be writing about the great bench cushion that I had finished but the stars were not in my favor and I am not done, YET!  But to keep this old blog going I thought that I would share the graduation cards that I did with my card class in May.  It was a Dads and Grads card class but I do not have pixs of the dad cards yet, But I will share my take on a pin I found for a great folded grad card.

Original post with instructions found here at Jill's Ink.  It is a great tutorial with a video.  You can follow me on pinterest to see what other things I have been thinking about.

Here is my take:
This was an actual card that was given to someone, I have made some changes but do not have pictures.  In this card I made the tassel out of embroidery floss but it is time consuming so for my workshop I had the girls make them out of grosgrain ribbon like in the tutorial.  I have attached this tassel with glue dots but in my other I have it attached with a button brad and I like the look of the brad better.

I also added the option of an envelope on the lid, but didn't use it for this card.  I found that the more accurate I was with measuring and marking for the diagonal lines the better it looked.  I was rushed making this card and it shows.  I used George Mason's colors because that is where this individual graduated from.
 
I like the uniqueness of this card and my clients really thought that they came together quickly and look sharp.  If you would like help completing a similar project please let me know.

Emily
 

No comments:

Post a Comment