Friday, April 18, 2014

Shower Banner and more to come

Wow! When I thought that I should post something today I did not realize that the last time I did was January!  Since then there has been a lot going on here.  February is a short month anyway, and with all the snow days, where my job is to wrangle the kids, along with being EXTREMELY tired all the time - all the free time I had I was napping.  I did get a couple crafting things done = I made the banner and favor tags for my friends baby shower in the middle of the month.

Here is the whole thing hanging in my new craft space.
Details!  It all turned out so awesome and cute!  She even ended up hanging it in the baby's room after the shower.  I used chipboard for the pieces and covered them in chocolate, large circle is sorbet (I think), then white daisy.  letters and in sorbet and then shadowed with chocolate, added small pearls and owls from the Artbooking cartridge to accent.
  
This is the tag for the favors!
 

Then the beginning of March was taken up with sleeping (yay) and getting my plans ready for a long term sub in my classroom until I go back to work in May.  Then on March 19, Oliver Logan joined our family.
He looks like he has a black eye because he was breech and wedged up under my ribs and they had to manually push him out.  This was at about 12 hours old.

He is a great baby, and while it took about 1 1/2 weeks to get back on my feet, the recovery wasn't too bad.  I have completed a couple of sewing projects since but I need to get pictures.  I will try and post about them early next week.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment