Monday, April 8, 2013

Family Comand Center

Wow!  Where did spring go?

I hope that your weekend was nice.  I got some stuff done but not all, and I will have to go and finish it as soon as I finish this post.  So this is the last piece of my kitchen organization project for now.  We have a home for the schoolwork and art (at least a display solution) and for the gear.  Now I just need a way to organize all the other stuff... paperwork and coupons and daily stuff.

Before:  We have a mail basket that collects all the mail for the week that Husband goes through once a week to pay the bills.  We had the payroll paperwork for our nanny. And then there is all the misc. stuff that collects on the counters.

After:  I needed a place to put papers with a quick turn around and other things that if I put them "away", away is where they will stay.  I also needed a solution for the employer paperwork and for my mounds of coupons.  This is what I came up with:

So there is a large corkboard made out of.... corks by Husband, a basket for keys and such, a tin bucket for pens, the mail basket, and my NEW family file!
We already had the key and mail basket system down.  The corkboard holds the items that need my immediate attention.  Then there is the family file.

I took a vertical file that I found cheap at Target and covered it with two strips of cardstock, I used liquid glass to attach the paper so that I would be sure that it stayed.  Then I cut letters and a decorative file label from the Cricut.  Then I salvaged a cute binder clip and hanging file folders from my classroom stash.  Each member got their own tab, a tab for coupons, and a tab for our Nanny's paperwork.  So far it has looked great and is working!

I also cut out a label for the pen bucket out of the same vinyl as the gallery wall for added cuteness.
 
I hope that this inspires you to get organized!  Hopefully soon I will have some layouts to share.  :)
 
 
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment