Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sewing up a Storm

Hello,

Officially it is summer break but with the threat of rain and the cooler weather it really doesn't feel like it yet.  However, with our family vacation just days away I am really looking forward to a break.

This is a shout out to all my fellow consultants who are at Convention, bring me back some goodies?

I am sorry that I have not posted in a while it has been busy and I have been trying to finish a couple projects.  First off I am a decent seamstress.  I can get by most of the time with some directions, but I am not adventurous.  So when I purchased my fabric for the cushion cover for the window seat that my husband made for me, I was extremely hesitant about cutting into it.  I had to work up my nerve.  :)  And because of that it has taken forever.  I still need pillows and with birthdays and our vacation I am just not going to get it done this week so here is a preview of the cushion and I will post again when the whole project is all completed and picture worthy.  I found a great tutorial for the piping and the construction of the cover by Pretty Handy Girl.

Usually my sewing machine lives in the closet of my craft/scrapping room.  So when I do drag it and all the paraphernalia out I like to get a lot done.  I have been meaning to try my hand at a dress for Daughter for about a year.  I found a tutorial online by The Mother Huddle and fabric the Daughter picked out and then school started....  So while my sewing machine was out I tried it.

Just a cute little pillowcase dress from a fat quarter bundle.  It doesn't come through in the picture but Daughter liked the fabric because the butterflies are glittery.  Here is the front.

Back.  Sorry about the nosey dog in the background.

This was when I said "pose"!  She is such a Ham sometime.  Well after I had finished her dress, I actually had enough left over for a doll dress.  I had no measurements like for the kid version but I was feeling adventurous so, Daughter's American Girl Doll got a dress too.  Now, I am not happy with it completely.  It is too tight but it was a lot of work to take out the seams and "let it out". And Daughter was happy with it the way it is.











I will post again before the end of the week.  I have Father's day cards and another sewing project to share with you.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment